Monday, August 19, 2013

Good News

It's good news, all right.  Very good news!

I'm so happy I think I'm going to break into song and dance right here in front of the computer.  I just got an email from my editor at Ellora's Cave (my publisher) - and she's accepted my novel!

Inn on the Edge is erotic horror.  It's a big, fat book (over 300 pages long) about a newlywed couple who go to a bed-and-breakfast Inn on the Washington coast ... only to be captured by a sex demon.  The main characters have a lot of fun for several days even as they wonder about the strange old geezer that runs the place.  But then all hell breaks loose, their lives are endangered, and they are forced to plan a daring escape.

I've been working on the story since January.  I spent many a morning at Starbucks writing (and looking over my shoulder to make sure that no-one was peeking at the very explicit sex scenes.) Once in a while I had to stop myself from breaking out into laughter at something funny, or from shivering with anxiety for my characters, because - I admit it - there were times when they felt very real to me.

My book has been accepted by the publisher, but there is still a lot of work to do.  Editing, writing a synopsis and a blurb, getting an ISBN number, getting cover art (always fun).  My guess is that we'll see the book available for sale in... hmm... December, maybe, if I'm lucky?  January?  February?  The waiting is hard, but Ellora's Cave, being an e-publisher for the most part, is much quicker than traditional publishers where an author can wait more than a year to see a book.

A bit of Inn on the Edge trivia:

My daughter Sarah helped to name the demon!  His name is Mr. Adi Abiba.  Any guesses as to what was the inspiration for his name?  I'll post the answer in a few days.

Now, please excuse me while I go celebrate!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!